Armida Winery Main Logo

2019 Russian River Chardonnay Case Sale

$249.00 / 12 bottle, 750ml per bottle

Club: $249.00 / 12 bottle, 750ml per bottle

The grapes were gently hand-picked before dawn to ensure cold fruit arrives at the winery, where it was whole-cluster pressed. We cold settled and racked the juice before transferring the juice to a stainless steel tank.
80% of the wine was fermented in a stainless steel tank, while the other 20% was fermented in new French Oak Barrels. The barrels were allowed to undergo malo-lactic fermentation, while we prevented secondary fermentation from occurring in the stainless fermenters. Aged over 8 months before being minimally fined and filtered prior to bottling.

Tasting notes

Lemon bars, banana, and spiced pear aromas escape from the glass at the first swirl. Higher tones of tropical fruit and citrus rinds become prominent as the wine opens up. The wine is bright and refreshing on the entry, yet has a smooth, silky finish. Mangos and tangerine flavors give way to a crisp, clean finish of pear and toasted almonds. WINEMAKER Brandon Lapides

Reviews

Your Cart

  • Your Cart is Empty